Press Release | Wed October 12, 2016, 02:44 PM EST
Not only is 210 an outstanding live music venue, but it is also an expansive restaurant that offers delicious regional American cuisine and now, one of the best spaces to hold private events.
210 Restaurant and Live Music Lounge (210 Green Bay Road, Highwood, IL 60040; telephone: 847-433-0304) is quickly expanding into one of the Chicagoland area’s most sought-after live music venues. Not only is 210 a live music venue, but it is also an expansive restaurant that offers delicious regional American cuisine and now one of the best spaces to hold private events. Here are nine reasons why you should host your next big event at 210:
1. Ambience: When you enter 210 Restaurant & Live Music Lounge, you feel like you’re in the city. 210 fills a void in nightlife in the immediate area because, in Highwood, there are mostly restaurants or shot-and-a-beer types of bars. 210 brings in high-quality musicians with polished acts and more sophisticated music programming and does not charge cover or require tickets for entry on most nights.
Because of the comfortable and welcoming atmosphere, 210 creates a community out of people that appreciate high-quality food, desire true nightlife and crave live music. They always provide excellent food, service, music and environment to customers, with a menu that’s both current and constantly evolving with popular trends, and with music that makes people want to dance but also allows for conversation.
The interior decorations, hand-picked by co-owner Peggy Goldstein, are very unique. The collection of vintage lamps, chandeliers, art work and interesting items make customers feel very much at home. In an environment Peggy describes as “vintage fusion,” you’ll notice her attention to detail, elegance and fun nostalgia. 210 co-owner Judy Shatkin also shared her vision to make the décor possible. The eclectic dining room tables in the restaurant are from peoples’ homes and have many wonderful family stories and festive moments attached to them. There are comfortable seating groupings with fun vintage wing chairs and couches with mix matched coffee and end tables. The upscale feel created by the chandeliers and other fine antique items is offset by the rough, industrial feel of the space, with its brick walls and plywood floors. All these ornate and visual comfy aspects bring good cheer and inspiration to the venue. The collection of unique items for the interior continues to grow.
Downstairs, there is a large casually furnished and decorated room with a bar and two table tennis tables where people can relax and have fun.
With the comfortable, unique, vintage upstairs and the welcoming downstairs area, it is safe to say that there is nothing like 210 in Chicago’s North Shore area.
2. Chef-Driven Eclectic Regional American Cuisine
210 has an expansive and sophisticated menu covering a wide range of regional and international cuisines, and Chef/Co-Owner Jeff Tomchek has a proven track record of doing both large and small events with precision and perfection. He is a multi-published author, veteran chef and restaurateur, with a long list of clubs and restaurants in which he has been involved. He has a passion for food that you don’t often see, and he has worked in restaurants that specialized in everything from Indian food to burgers to sushi, Cuban and barbecue. Jeff is a perfectionist and won’t let a dish out of the kitchen if he hasn’t checked it.
3. Services and Amenities: The lounge at 210 is set up for a party every day, so party hosts don’t have to rent couches, coffee tables and larger dining tables, as they might need to do in other venues,
210’s Lead Supervisor Javier Solario has worked at or managed almost every successful restaurant in Lake Forest and Highwood over the past 17 years. His extensive knowledge of liquors, wines and beers keeps 210’s cocktail menu fresh and our beers and wines relevant for party hosts and event planners. 210 offers a range of food and liquor packages.
The in-house sound and lighting systems, with recording capabilities, are 210’s own and hosts who book parties can save money by telling their DJ or band that they don’t need to bring stage sound equipment. The 210 stage comes complete with an in-house Kawai concert grand piano and a Hammond organ with Leslie speaker.
210’s in-house party planner will assist hosts by taking care of every detail, so the hosts can simply show up and enjoy their event. 210 is flexible in the sense that event hosts can bring in their own party planner to handle all the details if they so choose.
4. Location: 210 is a place that people can easily get to and from, especially for people who live within five to ten miles of Highwood. The venue is positioned near all of the major highways, including I-94 and US-41. It is also located 1.5 blocks from the Metra station in Highwood. If attendees of your event are traveling from out of town, 210 is only a 25-minute drive to O’Hare International Airport and is in the middle of cluster of nice hotel options.
5. Cost: 210 offers affordable, high quality private event experiences for corporate entertaining, receptions and gatherings, Bar/Bat Mitzvahs, anniversary celebrations, charitable fundraisers and more. They also offer a very attractive catering menu that can be customized to fit any size group or budget.
6. Capacity: 210 boasts an approximately 11,000 sq. ft. dining room and lounge with only two support columns in the main area, making it a very attractive place for parties and live music. The sight lines are great from any seat. When live music is playing, the sound engineers watch the volume levels very carefully so it doesn’t get too loud for conversation.
The couch areas are large and inviting with plenty of space to gather, and the dining tables are spread out so you aren’t sitting on top of the next table. Having a large space to play with and lots of storage in our basement, including a party room with two table tennis tables, is a unique attribute to the building.
210 can hold up to 350 people, while most other venues in Chicago’s North Shore hit maximum capacity at 125 people for your big event a breeze.
7. Layout: Customers at 210 really like the large dance floor that acts as the centerpiece of the venue, with the bars and tables surrounding it. The floor plan allows for easy access to the dance floor and a nice flow of traffic during a crowded event.
8. Accessibility: 210 Restaurant & Live Music Lounge makes sure that your event can accommodate guests of all ages and those with special needs. They pride themselves on being an owner-operated business. The owners are there every day and they take full responsibility for all of the venue management. They also take great pride in knowing that their events are well planned out and executed, so event hosts and party planners can have total faith that event execution will run smoothly.
9. Sound and Acoustics: 210 has invested heavily in a high-quality stage, stage lighting and a new 32-channel digital sound board that is always attended by a trained, professional sound tech. They use top quality mics, mic stands, drum shields and more to ensure that the quality of sound and volume are always right.
Judy Shatkin, co-owner and director of 210’s music program, is also an accomplished jazz musician and pianist, and has installed an in-house Kawai concert grand piano and a Hammond B3 organ, Leslie speaker and grand piano. Musicians LOVE playing at 210.
210 co-owner Steve Goldstein is committed to making 210 Restaurant & Live Music Lounge “the number one place for people in the community to gather, host fabulous parties and enjoy great food and music.” Don’t wait; book your next big event at 210 Restaurant & Live Music Lounge. Learn more here!
About 210 Restaurant and Live Music Lounge
210 Restaurant & Live Music Lounge, located at 210 Green Bay Road in Highwood, Illinois, is a true supper club where guests enjoy live music five nights a week and delicious chef-driven dining. 210 is a community of musicians, food enthusiasts, and neighbors–an inviting, comfortable and romantic environment where singles, couples and families escape from their everyday life to relax, enjoy and indulge. 210 Restaurant & Live Music Lounge is open 5 p.m. to 1 a.m. Wednesday through Thursday and Sunday; 5 p.m. to 3 a.m. Friday and Saturday, and from noon to 3 p.m. Saturday for live music and lunch.
For more information, please visit www.210restaurant.com or call (847) 433-0304. Follow 210 Restaurant & Live Music Lounge’s newsroom at www.newsline360.com/210restaurantandlivemusiclounge.
Follow us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/210highwood/.
Press Release | Wed October 12, 2016, 02:44 PM EST
Catch the ambiance, food, music and enthusiastic fans of this unique venue!
Nine great reasons to host a private event at 210 Restaurant & Live Music Lounge